Enquiries: call Janet - 0417 330 948
Insurance & Safety:
- Are you insured against accidents? Yes! Pony Parties is one of the very few pony rides businesses in Australia to operate with full Public Liability Insurance.
- Have you ever had an accident? No! We've never had any accidents or incidents at all. Not even a sore toe from being stood on!
- Do I need a permit to have a pony party in a park near me? In general, no you do not need to get a permit. However, national parks and some local councils prohibit horse-riding in certain areas. Look for signs advising you, or contact the relevant authority.
- Are your ponies well behaved? Yes. Wombat and Matilda are the main party ponies and they are very well behaved. They are rarely frightened by anything, and can handle popping balloons, kids crawling all over them and long days in the sunshine giving kids rides.
- Is it safe to ride the ponies? Yes. As long as you respect them and their needs, they will be happy and friendly. Don't hit them or throw things at them. Our party ponies are friendly and fun.
At my Pony Party:
- What sort of place would be good to have my pony party? A large backyard or driveway that isn't on too much of a slope is the best. If there is a park or a nice grassy place nearby then that would be nicer for the horses to walk on.
- Can I hire Pony Parties for our school fete or community event? Generally, yes. However, ponies are not suited to being led around for several hours in the sun without a break, let alone the humans working with them!
- Do you
have any tips for how to make our party a good one? Yes!
We have some helpful ideas and suggestions
here on our website that you can have for free. Birthday
kids also get a birthday card signed by Wombat and Matilda!
- What sort
of games will you play? Have a look at our list
of horsey party games for an idea of what we can do.
Other Bits & Pieces:
What do horses like to eat? Horses and ponies (and April the goat!) love to eat things like carrots and apples for a treat. At home in the paddock they eat grass and hay.
How should I pay for my pony
party? You can pay with cash, cheque or money order. Please
make your fee payable to "Janet Chambers".